Friday, March 7, 2008

Is A Culture Of Technology Synonymous WIth A 1:1 Laptop Program?


Today I sat with a colleague and watched a webinar on emerging technologies and how to plan for them in a school context. One of the interesting ideas that was presented had to do with what they called mLearning, the m standing for mobile. One of the tools referenced was the U3 Smart Drive.
Carrying one around in my pocket all year, I had no idea that I could transport more than my files. What I learned is that I can store applications like Firefox and Skype. So the concept is that all I need is my drive, and I can plug into any computer anywhere and access my own apps and settings. Lots of implications. I wonder if there are schools out there leveraging these instead of asking their students/parents to pay for laptops?

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

I didn't know I could put Skype on a flash drive. That is a great idea! Thanks for sharing that!