Thursday, March 1, 2007

Eh, Here's One Podcast

For the last week or so, I've spent a lot of time in my new headset, and I've become pretty familiar with Garageband. Today, I shared a story with my students about how when I was growing up, my parents had a band that played at weddings and parties, and our basement was set up like a recording studio. In high school, three buddies and I started our first band. We'd spend days recording and re-recording, mixing, dubbing, fading, and jamming. I haven't plugged my guitar into my Mac yet, but I've been doing a lot of podcasting. I started with a story for the 1001 Flat World Project. And I've been recording class discussions and readings (soon to be mixed). Here's my player and story (sidebar). Plenty of students and colleagues have already goofed on my bad pidgin. But at least I gave it a try.

No comments: